Monday, August 2, 2010

My own alternative-emo song (okay, okay, will be retitled, i swear)

We'd have been besties for sure,
if we'd meet five years ago.
I swear to god,
this is the first time
I've ever wished to be fifteen again.
Maybe I never would have started drinking--
never would have let a razor blade split my skin.
How is it that you know all the words to all my favorite songs
when all my 'friends' don't even know the names of my favorite bands?
Life's a wicked, wicked wench.
But you knew that already, didn't you?
Yeah, I know you do.
We're the kind of kids,
who wouldn't hesitate to throw a punch.
(My left hand never really ever did bend the same.)
And fuck's a word that fits in just about anywhere.
Where've you been?
Where you headed?
Are you going to leave, so all I've got is memories?
'cause it's a little bit kinda crazy
that you get me like this, just a few years too late.
Yeah, a few years too late's the story of my life.
But maybe it's not too late, is it too late to know you like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment