Thursday, June 10, 2010

Half Glass Monologue

Emily: I believe monologue

I like high heels because they make men look at me.
I walk around like I'm a hooker: I might as well be.
I'm selling my soul for hits of faux affection,
until I find a guy giving the real stuff.
Yeah, I won't leave the apartment until my make up's done.
Going out in sweats looks weak; vulnerable.
I don't have that luxury.
My motto's always been "look your best when you're feeling your worst, and no one will know any better".
It's just the way I gotta be.

I live my life in a fucked up way;
because I've had a lot of fucked up things happen to me.
I'm not going to give you a sob story about how we were poor, and I got hit.
That's all in the past.
It just means I like a good strong drink when things get rough.
And I'll punch a few walls, until my hand's broken or bleeding, when I'm sober.
It's just the kind of girl I am.
Call me a slut because I'll go home with the guy
who's saying all the things I want to hear.
I need to hear it somewhere.

I'm unemployed and it's a problem.
My skill set is limited.
I write, I drink and I give excellent head.
Not the kind of things you put on a resume.
I hate depending on people. I hate taking favors.
Hell, I don't even like gifts. What did I do to deserve them?
It's just who I am.

I just gotta find a guy who's gonna hold me when I need it,
and let me punch things when I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment